The mission of the Society of Government Service Urologists is to represent and educate urologists and related health professionals involved in the government service arena. The SGSU hosts the annual James C. Kimbrough Urological Seminar on a yearly rotating basis and provides a comprehensive update on the full spectrum of urologic diseases, in addition to addressing specific needs of government service urologists, including care of combat-related injuries and practice management in federal health facilities. This meeting offers state-of-the-art lectures, posters, panels, discussions, mock oral boards and residents competitions. The SGSU is not an official government sanctioned or funded organization. Our Federal TIN is 74-1873489.
Become a part of one of urology’s greatest traditions!
Benefits to membership include:
- Inclusion in the only society that represents and educates all urologists and related professionals involved in federal service, past or present.
- Discounted registration to attend and participate in the annual James C. Kimbrough Urological Seminar.
- Membership certificate and online directory listing.
- SGSU publications and bulletins - both in print and email.
- Awards, recognition, leadership and career opportunities, CME, and mock oral boards and lifelong learning among your peers.
- Advocacy and representation on your behalf at the AUA level and in the services of the federal work force.
- Opportunities to build your network and develop lasting relationships with colleagues, experts and other professionals in the field of urology who share your interests and can further your goals.
- House considers major changes to VA health care October 26, 2017
- Department of Defense Prostate Cancer Research Program – Be an Advocate October 18, 2017
- Doctor shortage forces Colorado VA hospital to postpone surgeries October 13, 2017
- Cleveland Clinic physician: To lead in a volatile, uncertain world, take a lesson from the military August 21, 2017
- AUA Now Accepting 2018 Gallagher Health Policy Scholar Applications August 17, 2017
- VA Chief Wants to Get Rid of Healthcare Deadwood May 11, 2017
- Trump extends private-sector health care program for vets April 20, 2017
- Outlook Newsletter – March 2017 April 13, 2017
- Congrats to Kimbrough 2017 Award Winners March 18, 2017
- Kimbrough Meeting “take aways” – 2017 San Diego March 13, 2017