Clare Scanlon was just as much a member of the Army as was her husband, retired judge advocate Wally. A native of Long Island, New York, Clare graduated from Marymount College in Arlington, Virginia. While raising a family and moving from post to post, Clare worked tirelessly to enrich the lives of those around her. She received the Military Wife of the Year award at Fort Dix, NJ in 1971, and in 1974 was a recipient of the Molly Pitcher award for distinguished service as an officer’s wife in the community at Ft. Sill, OK. While at West Point, Clare instructed cadets on finer points of decorum and protocol, launching many young men and women into successful Army careers.
After Wally’s career took him to Fort Sam Houston, she served as the medical editor for Brooke Army Medical Center, shepherded many manuscripts into prestigious journals and textbooks of international renown, and began a decade of service to the SGSU. Even into the last year of her life, Clare dedicated countless hours to planning the Kimbrough Urological Seminar, editing and assembling the program book.
CLARE SCANLON AWARD
In 2006, to express our deep gratitude for her devoted service, the Society established the Clare Scanlon Award, to be “presented annually for outstanding administrative support and service to the Society, specifically in regards to the annual Kimbrough Seminar, as determined by the Course Director”.
Previous Award Winners
|Janie N. Garcia|
|Patricia A. Harrison|
- AUA Now Accepting 2018 Gallagher Health Policy Scholar Applications August 17, 2017
- VA Chief Wants to Get Rid of Healthcare Deadwood May 11, 2017
- Trump extends private-sector health care program for vets April 20, 2017
- Outlook Newsletter – March 2017 April 13, 2017
- Congrats to Kimbrough 2017 Award Winners March 18, 2017
- Kimbrough Meeting “take aways” – 2017 San Diego March 13, 2017
- Trump Names VA Secretary February 2, 2017
- SGSU and USAV Affiliation Approved in San Diego January 20, 2017
- VA Applies Bipartisan Provision To Enhance Medical Care December 26, 2016
- Departing DoD Official Reflects on Military Health System Improvements December 23, 2016