H. GODWIN STEVENSON
SGSU ADMINISTRATOR, 1920 – 1992
H. Godwin Stevenson, a native of Philadelphia, graduated from Cornell University with a B.S. in zoology. He was a naval aviator and flight instructor during World War II. In 1946 he joined Eaton Laboratories as their first salesman and was in charge of government sales from 1952 until his retirement in 1982. He was a naturalist throughout his life, an expert in falconry, an avid birdwatcher, and published authority on moths. Known affectionately as “Tibbie,” he was a trusted friend, confidant, and supporter of all Armed Forces and VA urologists. His numerous contributions to government service urology remain his legacy, and include: administrator of the SGSU from its inception in 1972 until his death in 1992, organization and publication of the “Proceedings of the Kimbrough Seminar,” solicitation of multiple corporate sponsors for the annual James C. Kimbrough Urological Seminar, resident grants to professional meetings, SGSU Membership Directory, and hotel conference agreements for the yearly Kimbrough meeting.
H.G. STEVENSON AWARD
In 1992 the Society established this award, which is presented annually for outstanding support and dedicated service to the Society. The recipient of this award can be a Corporate Member, physician, or other individual as determined by the Board of Directors.
Previous Award Winners
- VA proposal pits nurses against physicians; does it have to be this way? August 3, 2016
- What the military can teach physician leaders August 2, 2016
- IBM’s Watson Supercomputer Is Going to Help 10,000 Veterans June 30, 2016
- New VA Physicians Wanted June 28, 2016
- Congratulations to our SGSU Members who won AUA 2016 Awards! June 21, 2016
- Inventing a Machine That Spits Out Drugs in a Whole New Way May 26, 2016
- Outlook Newsletter – March 2016 March 24, 2016