The deadline for the 2014 Research Scholars Program has been extended. Applicants do not need to submit a Letter of Intent. The EXTENDED deadline for submitting applications for the 2014 Urology Care Foundation Research Scholars Program is 5 p.m. LOCAL time (based on the location of the Applicant) on Monday, September 2, 2013.
The oldest and most prolific funding program of the Urology Care Foundation, the Research Scholars Program has supported more than 525 MDs and PhDs in one- or two-year research fellowships. Many remain in academic urology today, continuing to build upon the base of experience and knowledge gained during their research fellowships. One- and two-year awards are available for eligible MD and PhD researchers interested in pursuing careers in urologic research. Recipients receive $40,000 annually, and the sponsoring institution provides matching funds.
There are currently at least 12 awards available for 2014 fellowships. Among those, we have specifically targeted funding for three areas: neurourology, prostate cancer and kidney cancer. The Allergan Foundation has provided funding for two two-year awards for research in neurotoxins or areas associated with neurourology. The Robert J. Krane, MD Research Scholar Fund provides support for a one-year award for research on erectile dysfunction, prostate cancer or male incontinence. The Kidney Cancer Association provides support for a one-year fellowship in areas related to kidney cancer.
Learn more about the Research Scholars Program and other Foundation grant programs.
- AUA Now Accepting 2018 Gallagher Health Policy Scholar Applications August 17, 2017
- VA Chief Wants to Get Rid of Healthcare Deadwood May 11, 2017
- Trump extends private-sector health care program for vets April 20, 2017
- Outlook Newsletter – March 2017 April 13, 2017
- Congrats to Kimbrough 2017 Award Winners March 18, 2017
- Kimbrough Meeting “take aways” – 2017 San Diego March 13, 2017
- Trump Names VA Secretary February 2, 2017
- SGSU and USAV Affiliation Approved in San Diego January 20, 2017
- VA Applies Bipartisan Provision To Enhance Medical Care December 26, 2016
- Departing DoD Official Reflects on Military Health System Improvements December 23, 2016