SOCIETY OF GOVERNMENT SERVICE UROLOGISTS (SGSU) AND UROLOGICAL SOCIETY FOR AMERICAN VETERANS (USAV) FORMALLY AGREE TO JOIN TOGETHER
At its Annual Business Meeting in San Diego on January 14, 2017, the SGSU membership voted to approve an affiliation arrangement with the newly established USAV – which represents VA urologists nationwide.
SGSU President, Dr. Hal Frazier stated that the SGSU has recognized for many years that VA urologists are not being well integrated into the SGSU. He stated that it makes a lot of sense to join together and that both organizations can benefit. USAV President, Dr. Jeffrey Jones, said that this would be a great opportunity for both organizations and the relationship could bring new members, programs and synergies to both organizations. The USAV- organizational affiliation with SGSU was also approved to allow the USAV to fall under 501c6 status and be in compliance with AUA organizational standards for an independent organization.
The USAV web page is: http://govurology.org/usav/
- VA Chief Wants to Get Rid of Healthcare Deadwood May 11, 2017
- Trump extends private-sector health care program for vets April 20, 2017
- Outlook Newsletter – March 2017 April 13, 2017
- Congrats to Kimbrough 2017 Award Winners March 18, 2017
- Kimbrough Meeting “take aways” – 2017 San Diego March 13, 2017
- Trump Names VA Secretary February 2, 2017
- SGSU and USAV Affiliation Approved in San Diego January 20, 2017
- VA Applies Bipartisan Provision To Enhance Medical Care December 26, 2016
- Departing DoD Official Reflects on Military Health System Improvements December 23, 2016
- Study: Prostate Cancer-Vasectomy Link Weakens November 26, 2016