Welcome VA Colleagues!
Information & Announcements:
- USAV- organizational affiliation with SGSU was approved to allow the USAV to fall under 501c6 status and be in compliance with AUA organizational standards for an independent organization.
- Mark your Calendars for Boston in May!
Our next meeting is planned for Sunday May 14 in Boston (during AUA) from 13:00-16:00 and business meeting from 16:00- 17:00. Location: Westin Boston Waterfront, Douglass Room
RSVP now - click here
- Abstract submission online now open - click here to get started
- USAV- bylaws posted for comment (see below) - please provide feedback so the membership can approve at the meeting in May.
Draft Mission Statement (for member feedback):
The mission of the Urological Society for American Veterans (USAV) is to optimize the genitourinary care of the American veteran via scientific discussion, education, and fellowship with all government-service urologic providers. The USAV hosts a VA Forum on a yearly rotating basis on Sunday afternoon at the AUA meeting to discuss topics relevant to urologic diseases in American veterans and the coordination and optimization of their care, in addition to addressing specific needs of federal-service urologists, practice management and post-service related conditions in veteran health care facilities. This meeting provides a forum for VA urologists and allied health GU providers to discuss all elements of concern to urological government health care. The USAV is not an official government sanctioned or funded organization.
USAV Contact & Feedback Form
- AUA Now Accepting 2018 Gallagher Health Policy Scholar Applications August 17, 2017
- VA Chief Wants to Get Rid of Healthcare Deadwood May 11, 2017
- Trump extends private-sector health care program for vets April 20, 2017
- Outlook Newsletter – March 2017 April 13, 2017
- Congrats to Kimbrough 2017 Award Winners March 18, 2017
- Kimbrough Meeting “take aways” – 2017 San Diego March 13, 2017
- Trump Names VA Secretary February 2, 2017
- SGSU and USAV Affiliation Approved in San Diego January 20, 2017
- VA Applies Bipartisan Provision To Enhance Medical Care December 26, 2016
- Departing DoD Official Reflects on Military Health System Improvements December 23, 2016