Information & Announcements:
- Abstract deadline Feb 28 at 11pm
submission now open - click here
- President's Report of the 2017 meeting in Boston
- Mark your Calendars for USAV at AUA San Francisco on May 20 2018. More details coming soon.
Our next meeting is Sunday May 20 in San Francisco (during AUA) from 13:00 - 16:00 pm and business meeting from 16:00 - 17:00.
Location: Room 2014 at the Moscone Center
If you are planning to attend, please RSVP now - click here
USAV Mission Statement
The mission of the Urological Society for American Veterans (USAV) is to optimize the genitourinary care of the American veteran via scientific discussion, education, and fellowship with all government-service urologic providers. The USAV hosts a VA Forum on a yearly rotating basis on Sunday afternoon at the AUA meeting to discuss topics relevant to urologic diseases in American veterans and the coordination and optimization of their care, in addition to addressing specific needs of federal-service urologists, practice management and post-service related conditions in veteran health care facilities. This meeting provides a forum for VA urologists and allied health GU providers to discuss all elements of concern to urological government health care. The USAV is not an official government sanctioned or funded organization.
USAV Contact & Feedback Form
- Senate bill aimed at modernizing VA health system includes telehealth licensing provision December 5, 2017
- A VA surgeon barred from operating on patients since 2013 still collects an annual salary—and he’s not alone November 27, 2017
- Urological Society for American Veterans – President’s Report 2017 November 24, 2017
- House considers major changes to VA health care October 26, 2017
- Department of Defense Prostate Cancer Research Program – Be an Advocate October 18, 2017
- Doctor shortage forces Colorado VA hospital to postpone surgeries October 13, 2017
- Cleveland Clinic physician: To lead in a volatile, uncertain world, take a lesson from the military August 21, 2017
- AUA Now Accepting 2018 Gallagher Health Policy Scholar Applications August 17, 2017
- VA Chief Wants to Get Rid of Healthcare Deadwood May 11, 2017
- Trump extends private-sector health care program for vets April 20, 2017