Urological Society for
01/19/20 at midnight
USAV Abstract Instructions & Guidelines
- Please follow submission guidelines and format instructions below.
- Abstracts on topics pertinent to VA population/practice will be prioritized. While research does not have to be based on a Veteran population, relevance of the topic to Veterans is one of the selection criteria that reviewers will take into consideration.
- At least one author of the abstract must be a member of the USAV in good standing. To review/join USAV membership, please click here
- Abstracts already accepted at the 2020 AUA will be declined.
|Adrenal/Kidney/Ureter - Malignant||Outcomes Research|
|Adrenal/Kidney/Ureter/Bladder - Benign||Penis/Urethra/Testis/Scrotum - Benign or Malignant|
|Bizarre & Interesting Cases||Prostate - Benign|
|Bladder - Malignant||Prostate - Malignant|
|Endourology/Stone Diseases||Socioeconomic/Health Policy|
|Laparoscopy/Robotics – Prostate||Trauma/Transplant|
|Laparoscopy/Robotics – Kidney/Other||Urinary Incontinence/Neurourology|
|Male & Couple Infertility/Sexual Dysfunction||Other|
Research does not have to be based on Veteran populations for consideration, but relevance of the research to Veterans is a selection criterion that the selection committee will use in making their selection.
The submission of an abstract affirms that all authors named in the abstract have agreed to its submission for presentation at the USAV. It is the author's responsibility to submit the abstract in perfect order with no errors in spelling or grammar. Abstracts will not be retyped or corrected and revisions will not be accepted. Submitted abstracts are graded individually by peer reviewers based on scientific merit and originality. Abstracts must be written in English and, if accepted, presented in English. Authors of these selected abstracts are required to confirm that their work is not being presented at the 2020 AUA annual meeting or its Specialty & International Society Meetings.
Important: Please plan on a 72h turn-around time between notification of acceptance and your confirmation to present. Notifications will be sent on 01/25/20 and we need your confirmation no later than 01/28/20 so that your presentation can be incorporated into the AUA program.
- Your abstract should fit on one page using Microsoft Word formatted as follows:
width 5.5″, height 8.5″, 0.5″ inch margins for top/bottom and right/left.
- Use 10 pt Arial font (or smaller if needed to fit, but no less than 8 pt.)
- Center title portion and justify body, single space with double spaces between paragraphs.
- Type the title of paper in bold type using upper and lower case letters, not all caps. (Use 10 pt. Arial font)
- Use first names, middle initials, last names and degrees of all authors, list the principle author first.
- If any author is not a member of the USAV or SGSU, place an asterisk (*) after his/her name.
- List city and state of origin, but not the institution.
- After listing city and state of origin: “Presentation to be made by Dr./Ms./Mr._______________.”
- The size of the abstract is limited to 2,280 characters not including spaces and one figure or table. A single figure, table, or illustration may be used in your abstract: in JPEG format
- The maximum dimensions of your figure/illustration image is a width of 480 pixels and a height of 320 pixels.
- Avoid special or foreign characters when possible; if special characters must be used, make sure to review your submission output file to ensure it carries over correctly.
Body of Abstract:
The body must contain 4 separate paragraphs:
1-Introduction and Objective
- Title: The title should clearly define the topic and contain no abbreviations.
- Authors: List the primary author's full name, followed by the other authors' names. Spell out completely the names of all authors using full first name, middle initial and last name. Authors must adhere to AUA Conflict of Interest guidelines.
- Standard abbreviations may be used as follows: on first use spell out the full term and follow with the abbreviation in parentheses
- Proprietary names of drugs are not allowed; generic names must be used.
- Source of Funding: Grant support must be indicated. If there is no support, state "None."
- Please label the Word file with the first author’s last name and date submitted (eg, Taylor.2016-02-22.doc)