H. GODWIN STEVENSON
SGSU ADMINISTRATOR, 1920 – 1992
H. Godwin Stevenson, a native of Philadelphia, graduated from Cornell University with a B.S. in zoology. He was a naval aviator and flight instructor during World War II. In 1946 he joined Eaton Laboratories as their first salesman and was in charge of government sales from 1952 until his retirement in 1982. He was a naturalist throughout his life, an expert in falconry, an avid birdwatcher, and published authority on moths. Known affectionately as “Tibbie,” he was a trusted friend, confidant, and supporter of all Armed Forces and VA urologists. His numerous contributions to government service urology remain his legacy, and include: administrator of the SGSU from its inception in 1972 until his death in 1992, organization and publication of the “Proceedings of the Kimbrough Seminar,” solicitation of multiple corporate sponsors for the annual James C. Kimbrough Urological Seminar, resident grants to professional meetings, SGSU Membership Directory, and hotel conference agreements for the yearly Kimbrough meeting.
H.G. STEVENSON AWARD
In 1992 the Society established this award, which is presented annually for outstanding support and dedicated service to the Society. The recipient of this award can be a Corporate Member, physician, or other individual as determined by the Board of Directors.
Previous Award Winners
- John Barry’s Meeting “take aways” – 2018 Scottsdale April 13, 2018
- Senate bill aimed at modernizing VA health system includes telehealth licensing provision December 5, 2017
- A VA surgeon barred from operating on patients since 2013 still collects an annual salary—and he’s not alone November 27, 2017
- Urological Society for American Veterans – President’s Report 2017 November 24, 2017
- House considers major changes to VA health care October 26, 2017
- Department of Defense Prostate Cancer Research Program – Be an Advocate October 18, 2017
- Doctor shortage forces Colorado VA hospital to postpone surgeries October 13, 2017
- Cleveland Clinic physician: To lead in a volatile, uncertain world, take a lesson from the military August 21, 2017
- AUA Now Accepting 2018 Gallagher Health Policy Scholar Applications August 17, 2017
- VA Chief Wants to Get Rid of Healthcare Deadwood May 11, 2017