Join now and get your first meeting registration free!
Join with over 400 of your fellow colleagues for outstanding science, camaraderie, and enduring friendships!
Whether you are a urologist, resident/fellow or allied health pro (e.g. PA, NP, APP) and involved in the government services arena (e.g. VA system, active or retired military, training, etc.)....
the SGSU is your community.
We focus on achieving your professional goals and building professional relationships in the government services urology field. Providing the education and resources you need to better serve your patients is our top priority.
As a community of urology professionals, members are encouraged and expected to be actively involved and participate in meetings. The ability to share knowledge, skills and best practices raises the industry standard and increases the opportunity for members to support each other for the benefit of their patients. We hope you will join us and come to our next meeting so you too can become a part of a great tradition of camaraderie and excellence!
Please review the membership categories below and complete the online application form.
Become a part of one of urology’s greatest traditions!
Benefits to membership include:
- Inclusion in the only society that represents and educates all urologists and related professionals involved in federal service, past or present.
- Discounted registration to attend and participate in the annual
James C. Kimbrough Urological Seminar.
- Membership certificate and online directory listing.
- SGSU publications and bulletins - both in print and email.
- Awards, recognition, leadership and career opportunities, CME, and mock oral boards and lifelong learning among your peers.
- Advocacy and representation on your behalf at the AUA level and in the services of the federal work force.
- Opportunities to build your network and develop lasting relationships with colleagues, experts and other professionals in the field of urology who share your interests and can further your goals.
• Active Duty Military – $100
• Active Member (ret. military or other) - $150
• VA (currently employed) - $100
• USPHS/Indian Health Service (currently employed) - $100
• Resident – $0
• Allied: APP, NP, Health Prof., Admin. – $100
Active membership is open to any physician who presently serves or has served the Federal Government in any capacity as a Urologist, including Consultants. Full membership is open to any civilian physician actively involved in the training of active duty military urology residents or fellows, as determined by the SGSU Board of Directors. All Active Members are required to pay annual dues. All Active Members may hold office and are entitled to vote on issues presented to the general membership at the annual meeting.
Residents in Federal Government Urology Training Programs or Federal Government sponsored Civilian Urology Training Programs are eligible for membership. Resident Members are exempt from paying dues, but are entitled to vote on issues presented to the general membership at the annual meeting. Resident membership is not eligible to hold office.
ALLIED HEALTH PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIP:
NP’s and PA’s who presently serve or have served the Federal Government in any capacity, are eligible for membership. These members are required to pay annual dues, and are entitled to vote on issues presented to the general membership at the annual meeting. Allied membership is eligible to hold office.
Those who have been an active member in good standing of the Society for 25 years or more and are over the age of sixty-five and are fully retired are eligible for Senior Membership. Senior Members are exempt from paying dues, but are entitled to vote on issues presented to the general membership at the annual meeting. Senior membership is eligible to hold office.
HONORARY AND CORPORATE MEMBERSHIP:
Honorary and Corporate Memberships may be offered to friends and supporters of the Society by election of the Board of Directors. Any Active, Resident, or Senior Member may make recommendations for this membership. Honorary and Corporate members shall not be entitled to vote or hold office.
Searchable Membership Directory - coming soon
- Senate bill aimed at modernizing VA health system includes telehealth licensing provision December 5, 2017
- A VA surgeon barred from operating on patients since 2013 still collects an annual salary—and he’s not alone November 27, 2017
- Urological Society for American Veterans – President’s Report 2017 November 24, 2017
- House considers major changes to VA health care October 26, 2017
- Department of Defense Prostate Cancer Research Program – Be an Advocate October 18, 2017
- Doctor shortage forces Colorado VA hospital to postpone surgeries October 13, 2017
- Cleveland Clinic physician: To lead in a volatile, uncertain world, take a lesson from the military August 21, 2017
- AUA Now Accepting 2018 Gallagher Health Policy Scholar Applications August 17, 2017
- VA Chief Wants to Get Rid of Healthcare Deadwood May 11, 2017
- Trump extends private-sector health care program for vets April 20, 2017