Dr. Tim Brand Take Home Points
- Enzalutamide is easy to prescribe but causes fatigue. – Ray Lance, MD
- Corynebacteria are bad for prosthetics. -Jesse N. Mills, MD
- Primary care should refer everyone with psa >1.5 ng/dl to urology for risk assessment (using sophisticated biomarkers) for clinically significant prostate cancer. -E. David Crawford, MD
- “If you are not trying to get ahead, then you’ve already decided that you’re going to fall behind.” – LTC Alex Ernest, MC, USA
- Survivorship care plans are useful and can improve focus on patient quality of life after oncologic treatments. -Ryan P. Terlecki, MD
- John Barry, MD has not only mastered renal transplantation, but quite possibly, every aspect of life. – Audience, after viewing the “Tips and Tricks” talk
- Transgender management is complex and can affect soldier readiness. – LCDR Eric T. Grossgold, MC, USN
- Docetaxel should be used sooner rather than later in advanced prostate cancer. – Evan Y. Yu, MD
- Surgical Volunteerism is hard work but very rewarding. – Kurt McCammon, MD, FACS
Dr. Thomas Hatch Take Home Points
- There is not a statistically significant increase in tumor progression or recurrence in those patients who experienced a delay in the initiation of BCG. – Andrew Franklin, Columbia, MO.
- Extracorporeal Shock Wave Therapy can be used to improve male fertility. – Amanda Reed-Maldonado, San Francisco, CA
- Your success as a leader can be measured by the success of those who work with you. – Lt. Gen. Bernie Mittemeyer.
Dr. John Barry’s Top Five BEST of Kimbrough 2017
- GU Bowl Official Tailgate Party
- “Lt. Gen. Mittemeyer… The REAL Bernie” – BGEN James (Tom) Turlington
- Men’s Health Panel discussions – COL. Robert C. Dean
- “Implementing and Managing a Multidisciplinary Prostate Cancer Clinic” – LTC Timothy C. Brand
- “Biomarkers and Risk Stratification in Prostate Cancer” – E. David Crawford.