Urological Society for American Veterans
Success at the AUA San Francisco!
I would like to personally thank all of this year’s USAV annual meeting organizers and sponsors for their contributions in producing an outstanding meeting at the AUA. We were able to complete our business objectives for the organization, have professional interactions with our meeting sponsors and an excellent scientific program on Sunday afternoon May 20, 2018 .
DeSantis Management Group (organizer)
Some highlights from the meeting re USAV accomplishments:
- AUA recognition as an independent specialty society with inclusion in the annual meeting agenda
- USAV- request to participate in congressional advocacy with AUA on capitol hill in March, 2018
- SCSAUA- creation of a board of directors representative position for government urology
- SGSU- creation of a board of directors representative position for USAV and VA urology
- Consensus building activity on NMIBC management to develop white paper for VA acquisition office
We have many future projects to organize and engage in and will be soliciting your participation.
We want to engage each of the AUA sections to have representation and scientific program elements engaging USAV membership.
We want to have national research and quality projects aimed at improving GU practice in VA facilities nationwide.
We also want to provide standardized processes for making necessary equipment and resources available to execute our jobs well.
We need the members to step up, pay their dues (very nominal) and volunteer to participate- we need and want you to GET INVOLVED.
We as a group are in a unique position to influence the health a large population of our veteran’s health, and there are great opportunities for leadership and coordination of important efforts within our organization.
With kindest regards,
Your humble President,