SGSU 2018 Kimbrough Meeting
VA Representative Report by Jeffrey Jones, MD – USAV President
- Dr. Jones thanked SGSU for the opportunity to become a Chapter of the SGSU and for their support.
- USAV was financially successful in the past year, having a gain of over $3,300 in its fund.
- He said they are gaining new members and industry support, thanks to strong efforts by the DeSantis Management team.
- He noted that the USAV will have a program at the AUA and hopes to have a representative talk about the merits of SGSU membership and merits of being a member of both organizations.
- He noted that the USAV was asked to present at the AUA Advocacy Summit, and will plan to participate.
- He hopes to establish/continue with a Resident/ Young Urologist Simulation workshop working with industry partners like BSC.
- There may be opportunities for hands-on sessions at future Kimbrough meetings for the Manthos lunch, if rated positively.
- Dr. Jones noted there was a separate break-out session for VA/military medicine at the SCS-AUA in Florida this year. He will ask that each AUA Section allow time for VA/DOD urologists to have a forum for Government Urology in order to increase visibility and recruitment.
- He wishes to expand participation in section leadership with a government urology representation to the Board of Directors.